BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

38 Weeks

Just TWO more weeks!!!  The wait is almost over!  So far, I can't complain too much.  I get my occassional pelvic pain which is the most intense when I first wake up in the morning or when I get up from sitting for a long time.  I can still sleep through the night and only get up once (usually around 5AM) to go to the bathroom... although I did get up twice this week at 1:30AM in addition to my 5AM bathroom call.  I am starting to get hot very easily and I still get short of breath when just going up one flight of stairs.  My stretch marks probably first appeared maybe 3 weeks ago and they are spreading rapidly.  But soon, I will have my own body back.  I have a feeling that this baby is worth every mark.

Lately, you will catch Craig and I sitting across from each other in the family room while quietly reading a book... mine of course is a baby book and his has to do with politics which he has become so involved in the last year or so.   Today's problems are definitely going to affect the future of our baby. There is so much that needs to be changed in our country for the sake of the future generations.  But we are definitely enjoying the peace while we can.

Our baby has really plumped up weighing approxiamately 6.8 pounds and measures over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). The baby has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his/her hand for the first time! The organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

We may not be able to tell right away what color our baby's eyes will be. If he/she is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he/she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time they are 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after they are born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Tuesday, we met with our financial advisor for our yearly consult.  We have wanted to do a will all along, especially with a baby on the way, but haven't begun looking around yet.  So they referred us to the people they work with.  We plan to attend one of their seminars next Saturday and get the ball rolling!

Tuesday night, we went to dinner again at my parents and got to see my brother, Chris.  He has been gone for over a month for work, so it was really nice to know he made it home safe.  We got to show him both nurseries (the one at my parents house and the one at ours).  I gave him a "Father's Day" gift early since I may never get it to him.  I bought him a pepper mill that is a miniature baseball bat with a baseball engraved on it along with the saying Uncle Chris #1 Godfather.  It will be great for all his pregame parties at his house or just to have displayed.

Wednesday, I had my 11th prenatal appointment.  My blood pressure reading was 118/79.  My weight was up 2 pounds from last week and thus have gained a total of 36 pounds so far.  I did get weighed in the afternoon, so that should allow me to have that extra pound!  The baby's heartrate was in the 140s.  I think this was the quickest appointment I had yet during this pregnancy!  I think I was in and out within 20 minutes if not less.  June is a busy month for their office with deliveries and they are constantly changing my appointments.

Thursday, I went to lunch with Gina and chowed down on some good Chinese food.  She drives a Mazda3 5 door which is inbetween a hatchback and a minivan.  I told Craig we should get one by the time we want our 2nd kid.  It's much cooler than a minivan, but also much more accommodating than our sedan.

Craig's friend Ryan is in town from Canada from Friday through Sunday morning, so Craig took off of work Friday and went golfing before meeting up with Ryan.  Then they hung out all day and night and witnessed one of the worst teams in history - the Baltimore Orioles.  Today, Craig went golfing with Ryan and they plan on hanging out the rest of the day as well while I get a lot done around the house.  They'll get to go to another Oriole game today as well.  I am taking the evening to spend time with Briana, whom I haven't seen in forever now.
Below is a picture of my belly at 38 weeks along with some pictures of our nursery.  The nursery will be even more complete when we know the gender of our baby.  As you can tell, some of the walls are pretty bare right now.

38 Weeks




0 comments: