BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

37 Weeks

Our due date is just 3 weeks away!!!  D-Day is going to be here before we know it!  I've been so fortunate to have such a great pregnancy thus far.  No waddling yet, but it can still happen since the baby hasn't technically "dropped" just yet. 

Our baby is now considered "full term," even though our due date is three weeks away. Full term is anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks.  If I go into labor now, the baby's lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Some babies need a bit more time, though.

Our baby weighs approxiamately 6 1/3 pounds and probably measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. Our baby's hair may not be the same color as ours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Tuesday night, Craig and I attended a private Spa Mama class which is geared towards natural child birth.  It emphasizes on touch, visualization, breathing, positioning and encouragement.  All of which I really need if I am to do this without an epidural or any medications!  Craig was such a great support coach during the class.  But true labor will be the real test!

I had my 11th prenatal appointment on Wednesday and checked out great.  I am up one pound from last week which puts me at 34 pounds above my prepregancy weight.  My blood pressure was 109/71.  My uterus measured 37cm which is right on track where it should be and the baby's heartbeat was in the 140s.

My mom and I spent some time together out shopping.  I got plenty of walking in that day!  That night Craig and I went over to my parents house so he can help renovate their office/den.  They are painting the walls and then having hardwood installed.  I think it's going to look fantastic!

Sunday, Craig's parents and John came down so we can show them the dry run on how to get to the hospital when it's time, which garage to park in, and where the maternity ward is.  Then we went to the Annapolis mall where I definitely got plenty more walking in.

The nursery is ready, the pack n play's bassinett is all set up and ready in our bedroom, the carseat is ready.  All in all, I feel we are just waiting for our little one to arrive now.  I think all I REALLY need to do, is pack my hospital bag.  We just need to hold off until after this coming weekend since Craig has a guy's weekend planned and has friends coming into town.

Below is a picture of my belly at 37 weeks.

37 Weeks

0 comments: