BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

28 Weeks - 3rd Trimester

We are now in our 3rd and final trimester!  It's hard to believe that in less than 3 months, we get to meet our little bundle of joy.  Boy or girl - it doesn't matter, this baby has already stolen our hearts!  I love feeling him/her kick and roll or squirm.  It is a constant reminder that this is all so real and that the baby is doing just fine.

This week, we had Eileen and Mike over for dinner.  I made my famous Mango Curry pork chops with Arkansas green beans and homemade mashed potatoes again since it was a big hit when I made it for Briana and her boyfriend Buddy last time.  Eileen is 31 weeks along now, so she has less than 10 weeks to go!  You can find a picture of us below.

Wednesday night, Craig and I went to Fogo de Chao in Baltimore to join Mel, Dusti, Chuck, and Briana for Briana's little birthday celebration.  It seems like we go there for everybody's birthday celebration.  Why not?  That place rocks!  All you can eat meat, salad, and sides for about $50 a person...and it's not just any plain tasting meat!  They have about 13 different cuts that are flavored so well.  Everyone was amazed at how much I can still put away in my tummy.  My favorite meat there is probably their Lamb Chops and Garlic steak.  You are doing it all wrong if you leave there not feeling full!  I was so full going home, that it was quite uncomfortable.

My mom found the baby blankets that my Aunt, grandmother, and my mom made for when I have a baby.  I was wondering where they have been hiding out!  Unfortunately, my Aunt and grandmother passed away, but I'm glad they were able to make the blankets before they passed.  It's just a great way to keep their memories alive.  I hope they are watching over us during this joyous time because it hurts to think that they wanted to be here for this so badly and they aren't able to hold the baby when he/she arrives.

The results from our doctor's appointment last week are in.  I don't have Gestational Diabetes - YAY!  My number for that test was a 113.  My thyroid level was measuring about 2.2 which was also in the normal range, so I passed that test as well.

By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of the head to the heels. He/she can blink their eyes, which now sport lashes. With the eyesight developing, the baby may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. The baby is also developing billions of neurons in the brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Yesterday, I headed down to DC to see the Cherry Blossoms with a group of friends - Mel, Dusti, Erin, Chuck, Victoria, and my brother Chris, .  It was great to get out into the nice weather and walk around.  The temperature was fantastic - right about 75 degrees.  We metroed over to Metro Center and ate at Gordon Biersch for dinner.  I was quite sore and worn out by the end of the day!

Today was Easter.  Again, the weather was fantastic - right around 75 degrees!  It sure beats the previous cooler/colder Easters we've had.  Craig and I and my brother Chris had breakfast at my parents' house and then we all went to church.  After church, Craig and I headed to Frederick to spend time with Craig's family.  We had the traditional Easter Egg hunt and had plenty of outdoor fun.  Craig's parents had given us a basket full of baby stuff to add to our growing collection of accumulating baby items.  I would have to write a whole new blog just about our hilarious nephew, Caleb, and our adorable niece, Ava.  Caleb is 3 1/2 years old and when we first got to see him today, the first words out of his mouth were "Is my cousin here yet?"  Too cute!! He knows his cousin is in my belly and he kisses him/her from the outside.  He can't wait to find out if it is a girl or boy cousin!

As you can tell, it was a very busy week for us!  Below are several pictures that were taken throughout the week including a picture of me at 28 weeks.

28 Weeks

Eileen and I comparing bellies

Night at Fogo de Chao's for Briana's Birthday


Victoria and I in front of the Washington Monument

Uncle Chris and I

Our little tourist group at the WWII memorial

Uncle Chris and I

The Tidal Basin seems to have flooded the walkway!

Easter morning on my parents' deck

Easter evening at Craig's parents' house

0 comments: