BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

29 Weeks

Two and a half more months!  This little one has definitely showed me some acrobatic moves this week!  He/she moves a lot more frequent now and stays awake for longer intervals than I noticed before.  When the baby does a complete roll, it feels like my stomach is being turned inside out.  It is such a strange feeling, but it took my breath away when it happened the first time this week!  I can feel a hard ball whenever the baby has a part of its body up against my abdomen; perhaps it is a bum?  He/she favors kicking/punching my right side it seems and the kicks/punches are getting stronger lately.

Our baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. The muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and the head is growing bigger to make room for his/her developing brain. To meet his/her increasing nutritional demands, I will need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because the bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I have to be sure to drink my milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in our baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I manage to still get out and walk, but I do notice that I have to walk slower and that my feet start to feel the added weight a lot more now.  I have had a couple dayas where my feet have gotten fluid filled and become swollen, but luckily it hasn't been everyday.  Getting out of bed or off the couch are becoming a little more difficult.  I can't get up as fast anymore.  But all in all, I still feel fantastic!  I haven't noticed any waddling yet, but I'll let you know when Craig starts making comments!

We reached 90 degrees this week (about 30 degrees above average) which caused the inside temperature to soar to 86 degrees.  We had the windows open to try to let the breeze in, but it didn't prevent the temperature from soaring.  We finally decided to turn on the air later in the evening.  It's definitely been a hot start to spring this year!  We even tied the record temperature from 1928!

Yesterday (Saturday), I had an elective 3-D/4-D ultrasound taken.  My parents, Craig's parents, John, and of course Craig all attended the show.  As I laid on the bed, the others got to sit on couches and chairs in the same room.  We got to see our baby on a 100" projection screen on the wall which was really cool!!  The baby was said to be breech (which means the head is not down toward my cervix) and the heartbeat was measured at 126 beats/min.  Unfortunately, the baby would not move one of its hands from its face, so we only got to see half the face in all the shots.  The place said I can come back up until my 35th week if my doctor notices that my baby gets into the head down position.  They should be able to get better shots then.  They won't charge anything extra for doing so.  So that's nice to know.  We got to keep a video along with several pictures of the event. 

After the ultrasound, my parents had to hit the road since they were heading down to North Carolina to visit friends.  Craig, his parents, John, and I all went to Home Depot where we ended up buying a glider for our front porch.  We've gone two years without porch furniture, so it will be nice to have something out there finally.  Then we went out to dinner at McCormick's and Schmidt's for dinner (I felt bad my parents coudn't come since they were the ones who gave Craig and I the gift certificate for our 1st anniversary this past year).  We then checked out the Crate and Barrel store next door since we all haven't been in there before and I wanted to complete a set of bowls from our wedding registry.  That store is amazing!  I wanted to buy everything!!

Later Saturday evening, I headed out the door to attend Juan's welcome home party since he was deployed for several months.  I got to meet up with Jenny, Sarah, and Kate which was really nice.  It was hosted at Joe and Rebecca's house (I met Joe through Jenny and Sarah).  Pam (who I got to know from our past ski trips in the Poconos) was there, as well as Dave (whom I've known through the group as well) was there with his wife and two kids (age 2 and 2 months - so adorable!!).  It makes me realize I'm so ready for this baby to enter our lives!! 

Below is a sample of what we got to see of our little one during the ultrasound, some pictures from Saturday, along with a picture of my belly at 29 weeks!

29 Weeks
The cat and dog managed to get in the picture!


Craig and I on the "Love" couch waiting for our ultrasound







Craig and I on our deck out back

Craig's parents and of course our dog Bailey

Top row: Sarah, me, Jenny, Kate, and Pam
Bottom row: Dave's wife with 2 month old daughter Josephine and Kate's 3 year old daughter Valerie

0 comments: