BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

32 Weeks

Just 8 more weeks until we are expected to meet our first born.  That's less than 2 months!  So far, we seem ready.  I am practically done washing all the clothes and bedding and Craig and I organized the baby's closet.  We are just waiting on the furniture to arrive now, which is scheduled to be delivered the day before Mother's Day.  By Mother's Day the room should be all set up with the exception of wall hangings.  We only have a few more items to buy, but if the baby were born now, we have all the necessities to get by, thanks to all of our friends and family and their generous shower gifts to help us prepare for this newcomer!

My 7th prenatal appointment happened on Thursday.  My weight is up a total of 29 pounds since I got pregnant - yes, that is a 6 pound gain from just 2 weeks ago, but I have to say my eating habits have not been the best either.  Plus, my morning appointment got moved to the afternoon, so it threw my weight off a little (or should i say it threw some weight on?).  The doctor didn't seem concerned this time around although she did comment that it was not good.  My blood pressure measured 115/69 and the baby's heartbeat was in the 130s.  The doctor checked my cervix and said everything is fine and I'm definitely not dilating yet, so that's good.  My mom attended my appointment and was able to meet my OB whom my mom has gone to years ago.  I usually go to my appointments on my own; Craig just goes to the ultrasound appointments, which I don't blame him since the appointments are boring otherwise, so it was nice to pass the time waiting with my mom this time around.

By now, our baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to my baby. In fact, the baby will gain a third to half of their birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he/she fattens up for survival outside the womb. He/she now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). The baby's skin is becoming soft and smooth as he/she plumps up in preparation for birth.  To accommodate me and our baby's growing needs, my blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since I got pregnant.

Saturday, my parents, my brother Chris, and Craig attended Lindsay's wedding - a family friend.  The wedding reception took place in DC, just a few blocks from the White House.  You can see a couple pictures below, but beware, I think I look A LOT bigger in that dress than what I feel!

Sunday, was Andrea's baby shower (the girl due a week before me) which was held at my parents' house.  It was mainly the choir at my parents' church that hosted it, so it wasn't her main shower, but it was a big success.

Below is a picture of me at 32 weeks as well as pictures from Lindsay's wedding day.

32 Weeks

0 comments: