BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

We have news!!!

Yes, you guessed it - we are pregnant!  This is our 2nd pregnancy, but hopefully our 1st baby that we can take to full term.  Most, if not all of you, probably remember the horrible news I shed at the end of July when we miscarried at 11 weeks. 

We had our 1st prenatal appointment this morning and everything seems to be moving along just fine.  I haven't experienced any spotting or bleeding this time around which is an extra bonus.  So our little peanut is about 1 1/2 inches from its head to rump and has a very fast heartbeat of 168!  I say it's from all that moving around we got to see in the sac on the ultrasound!  I think it's taking after Craig's whacky ways by flailing its arms and legs and going "look at me!!"  Those who know Craig well should be able to get the picture! 

So far, I gained 5 pounds which is more than I anticipated at this time, but I guess with all of that Thanksgiving food we had all week long, I could not have avoided it!  We are 11 weeks on Saturday.  At 10 weeks, our little embryo graduated into a fetus and now Craig likes to refer to the baby as "Cletus the Fetus"  It has all its organs and fingers and toes.  It's even starting to grow fingernails and toenails!  It now is going to begin its rapid growth and maturity.  In fact, in just a little over two weeks, it will double in size!  So stay tuned for updates!

Here is my 10 week 5 day sonogram! (The head is the round object on the right). Now you know why I called it a peanut! It looks just like one! :)


0 comments: