BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

13 Weeks

Can you believe it?  I'm exactly 3 months along and only 1 more week until I begin my 2nd trimester!!  I don't really feel any different lately, but I definitely notice I'm growing.  My belly just hasn't rounded out enough yet for others to realize I'm pregnant.  It just looks like I've been eating too many cheeseburgers and fries.  But, my time will come.  And before you know it, Cleetus will be kicking me in the ribs. 

This week, our baby measures almost 3 inches from crown to rump.  That's almost double the size from just 2 weeks ago!!  She/he weighs just under an ounce.  It has its own fingerprints.  The nose and chin are well defined.  Bone is beginning to replace cartilage and the ribs are appearing.  The child will begin to learn to suck its thumb.  If it's a girl, she already has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries!  The external genitalia are well defined making it possible to determine the baby's gender, but we will keep that a mystery throughout the pregnancy.  Finding out before hand is like unwrapping your Christmas gift before Christmas!

Since I don't have a belly pic for you today, I thought I will show you what our baby potentially looks like at this time inside my belly.  She/he is practically fully developed now.  The baby just needs to mature and grow.  Take a look!



0 comments: