BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

23 Weeks

Four more months to go!  I seem to be doing very well on my Lenten sacrifice - no chocolate or desserts.  It is definitely hard, but I know it is for the better.  Despite giving up desserts, I find my weight is accumulating much faster now.  My body seems to be holding on to whatever I consume.

I've been up late each night watching the olympics, but seem to still be getting enough sleep.  Luckily I have the privilege of working from home.  It definitely makes it so much easier when I can be flexible with my sleep schedule.

My 4th prenatal visit was on Thursday.  I checked out pretty well.  My only downfall was my weight gain.  I gained 8 pounds in the last 4 weeks!  Now I am up a total of 18 pounds from my prepregnancy weight.  I was hoping to be no more than 15 pounds over at this point.  My blood pressure was 108/68.  The nurse said I have a rowdy little one in my tummy because the baby was never still enough to get a consistent reading of the heartbeat.  The heartbeat kept jumping between 155 and 163.  I do feel the nudges a lot more frequent now and they are becoming stronger.  A couple times, I've even been able to have my hand on my belly and actually feel the kicks.  My next prenatal appointment is my glucose test!  I can't believe how far into this pregnancy I've gotten now.

With the baby's sense of movement well developed by now, I am told that I should start swaying to music. And now that he's/she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, I may be able to see some squirming underneath my clothes. Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that the baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing them for their entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as our dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him/her when they hear them outside the womb.

Below is a picture of me at 23:

23 Weeks

0 comments: