BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

21 Weeks

We can technically say we are OVER halfway there now!  Due to the two major snow storms we had this past week (totalling over 40" of snow all together), it took a week before I left the house!  The cabin fever was settling in.  Poor Craig had to do all the shoveling by himself.  I wish I could've helped him!  We did start a fire in our fireplace down in the basement so I can go through some storage items and get rid of some things.  Craig and I stripped the wall paper border off of the nursery walls and he painted the trim in the room.  He's finishing up the doors and will probably do the walls next weekend.  My parents are almost done painting their nursery.  They are waiting for Craig to paint the edge at the top of the wall that meets the ceiling.  They are trading his services for a nice home cooked meal for us.

Yesterday (Saturday) we ventured down to Great Beginnings and ordered the nursery furniture.  And since I like to save a buck or two, I sang kareoke to the song Hokey Pokey in front of the store customers in order to save $90 off of the purchase price.  And, yes, Craig HAD to videotape it.  I felt SOOOO red in the face out of embarrassment.  But apparently, I was able to get a little girl to dance.  And if you get to see the video, laugh all you want.  Just remember that I was the one who stepped up to the plate and someone else wanted to hide behind the video camera and take all the credit!  The furniture is going to take approxiamately 10-14 weeks before it arrives.  We opted to have them deliver and install it all.  I can't wait!

Today is Valentine's Day and Craig made up for videotaping my embarrassment just the day before by making me breakfast in bed this morning.  He made my favorite breakfast item - Eggs Benedict!  MMMM  mmm Good!!!  It was fantastic.  He even made the hallondaise sauce from scratch.  Tomorrow I am making him one of his favorites - Banana Chocolate Chip waffles.  Due to all the snow we've received, Craig's Valentine gifts had not arrived yet.  He gave my Valentine gift early and it is absolutely gorgeous!  He splurged on a Pottery Barn Wine hutch for our dining room.  I love it!  If only I can drink wine now!  We are going to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants, the Red Parrot, for one of our favorite cuisines - SUSHI!!!  Don't worry, there are plenty of cooked fish items I can eat while pregnant.

Our baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. The fluttering I've been feeling should soon turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges.  The baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if we're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

While watching the olympics over the weekend, I felt some good nudges that kind of tickeled, so I can already sense the kicks are getting stronger.

Below is a picture of me at 21 weeks.

21 Weeks


0 comments: